Brought to you by Miss Lady Lace
The Vintage Collective Markets
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW OPEN!
About the contest
Who will be crowned at Miss Lady Lace’s Pinup Parade !
Host: The Vintage Collective Markets
Managed by: Miss Lady Lace
Venue: Lilac Hill Reserve – Caversham
Event: Avon Descent festival.
August 4th – Stage time to be announced shortly. We expect it to be around 2pm
Miss Lady Lace’s Pinup Parade
About the parade:
Miss Lady Lace’s Pinup Parade is a fun, friendly and respectful parade celebrating the true authentic pinup genre. Where all ages and body types are welcome. Entry and management will carefully managed by WA’s most respected Pinup Queen, Miss Lady Lace. This is not like any beauty pageant with no aspect of the contest being judged on traditional beauty, but rather confidence, character and styling.
This event aims to create a fun, safe and supportive environment for all entrants to share their passions on stage. Miss Lady Lace’s Pinup Parade hopes to create community among vintage lovers, a platform for the pinups of Perth to showcase vintage fashion and help the entrants gain confidence through performance. Outside your comfort zone is where all great things are achieved, don’t be afraid to dream big and make it happen!
For this event we have the theme of “Winter Glamour” where entrants can showcase vintage glamour for the cooler months, this can be as simple as donning vintage winter fashion. For the actual contest each entrant has time on stage where they can showcase their outfit for up to two minutes. Some entrants just walk on stage, pose and walk off, so there’s no pressure to create something more complex. Previous successful pinups create a “routine” consisting of a few poses held for a few seconds each (4+ poses is a good start), with movement and audience interaction in between these. It’s also a good idea to create a theme/story line like a vintage tea party or BBQ, as this well aid with styling, props and posing.
– No prior experience is required to take part in the contest, it is open to anyone over the age of 18-years-old who has a passion for all things vintage.
– This parade has the theme of “Winter Glamour”, matching your outfit to this theme would be recommended.
– Both true vintage and reproduction clothing are suited to this event. As this is a pinup contest though, and what you wear will be part of the judges criteria, your clothing is recommended to have a pinup/vintage style to it.
– This is a family friendly event please remember this with your outfit as well as any topics you share on stage through your performance.
– For this event lingerie and swimwear are not permitted on stage.
– Small and large props can be used during your time on stage, but you will need to carry your own props on and off stage.
– Only you are to perform, no additional performers, friends, or family are permitted on stage.
– No bullying or rude behavior will be tolerated in any events hosted by Miss Lady Lace.
– Above all have fun.
Winners for this event:
The winner will crowned “Miss Winter Glamour 2019”, both first place and second place will receive a sash, and goodie bag of prizes.
What happens after I submit my application to enter?
Miss Lady Lace’s Team will contact you after receiving your Entry Form to provide further details and confirmation.